MEETING NOTES 1st May 2019
Meeting opened at 1930hrs. Meeting held at Freemasons chaired by Ray Haynes.
Linda & Nungers King, Ray Haynes, Peter & Cheryl Moore, John Norton, Terry Brennan, Mark & Beth Chrimes, Gary Warner, Cyril McKenzie, Robin Judd
Darryl & Libby, Dale
BUSINESS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES:
Great ride and meal to Hampton Arms 16 people went & enjoyed the effort put on by Brian and the crew.
- Don’t forget the 60th birthday party Mark Chrimes. Late RSVPs will be accepted. Save the date 29 June. Big birthday bash at Chrimes residence. Catered event, BYO drinks 1800 hrs. RSVP to Mark by 15 April please. Ph 0428917149.
- Anzac ride to Mingenew went well, 8 from Gero and picked up another 2 from Dongara. Good weather, great service, breakfast at the pub and the effort was well received by the locals
- Christmas in July has been confirmed at Nanga Bay. 27th July. The cost will be approx $30 per head and the meal will be roast beef and pork plus all the trimmings with christmas pud and pav or trifle. Mark will give us a final price later. He will give us the accom, motels, cabins and camping, at a discount because we are good blokes and blokesses. Please make your accom bookings yourself and tell them you are with the Gero Ulysses and also tell me so I know who is coming. Nanga Bay Resort ph no 99483992 and the best time is later in the arvo, 5 to 6 pm. Some riders will be going up on Friday and make a weekend of it. Please book early as Mark wants to know numbers for catering etc.
- Shark Bay rally June 1st – 3rd, Rego form has been sent email but if you need one email Nungers and he can get one to you. Book accom should be a good weekend.
- Beth gave a report on Phil’s progress. He is on to soft food, still needs a bit of work done to enhance his beauty, but slowly improving. Dale on the mend. Hayden also has had surgery. Peter Moore of to Perth for his stent ops next week. Best wishes all these members, (and anybody else unwell)
- British car day at Gingin 19th May
- Congratulations to Peter Moore on attaining the Telemachus medal for outstanding service to the Ulysses national Club and also to the Geraldton Branch. He has been a tireless member always promoting the club and its activities, planning and scheming. Thanks to Gary for the excellent presentation
See below and website
- Hutt River run
- Yuna BBQ Ride
- Paynes Find see the Gold Battery Museum – Mt. Magnet, Paynes Find, Wubin
Ninghan for overnighter 60km South of Paynes Find
Next meeting will be at the Freemasons hotel time 7:30pm on 5th June 2019 to be chaired by Mark Chrimes. Meet there for dinner beforehand if you wish. The meeting closed at 8.30pm.