MEETING NOTES 5th JUNE 2019
Meeting opened at 1931hrs. Meeting held at Freemasons chaired by Mark Chrimes.
Mark Chrimes ,Dale Clifton, Daryll & Libby McCaffrey, Nungers and Linda King, John Norton, Ross Herbert, Robin Judd, Clayton Cream, Greg Davis, Peter Banister, Cyril McKenzie, Bruce Ralph.
Ray Haynes, Peter & Cheryl Moore, Chris Kowald, Graham Beckman.
BUSINESS ARISING FROM PREVIOUS MINUTES:
- I was a good trip to Sharks Bay. There were about 41 for the weekend, 11 from Geraldton. Beautiful weather and a great weekend.
- Welcome back to Dale.
- Those that went to the Gingin Car Day (6) said that it was a good display.
- Phil’s operation this week has been cancelled apparently as investigation is not finished. He is seeing specialist next week about op on his mouth. Hope all goes well Phil.
- Haydn is ok and back at work.
- Peter’s op went well and he and Cheryl are over east visiting family and friends.
- Greg is all good and thanks everyone for the visits and coffee.
- Dale knee op all good. Gary is next, good luck with that Gary.
- Christmas in July has been confirmed at Nanga Bay. 27th July. The cost will be approx $30 per head and the meal will be roast beef and pork plus all the trimmings with Christmas pud and pav or trifle. Mark will give us a final price later. He will give us the accom, motels, cabins and camping, at a discount because we are good blokes and blokesses. Please make your accom bookings yourself and tell them you are with the Gero Ulysses and also tell Nungers so I know who is coming. Nanga Bay Resort ph no 99483992 and the best time is later in the arvo, 5 to 6 pm. Some riders will be going up on Friday and make a weekend of it. Please book early as Mark wants to know numbers for catering etc.
- We have some new members the email list is about 100 now.
- The boys went for a dirt bike ride out to the Murchison. Nungers got into a bit of a tangle with some wire that took a liking to some parts of his bike.
See below and website
- Hutt River run
- Yuna BBQ Ride
- Payne Find see the Gold Battery Museum – Mt. Magnet, Payne Find, Wubin
Ninghan for overnighter 60km South of Paynes Find
- Wooramel Station stay
- Cue trip
- Camping at Lake Indoon
- Nation Rally Mornington Peninsula 25 February to 3 March 2019
- Ray & Mark - Dandaragan ride possible overnighter at Redgum Village. http://www.redgumvillage.com.au
- Visit to the Gingin Observatory 9575 7740 Over-nighter at Gingin. Has day & night tours http://gravitycentre.com.au/observatory/
- Coorow overnighter at the pub late breakfast at Greenhead.
Next meeting will be at the Freemasons hotel time 7:30pm on 3 July 2019 to be chaired by Peter Bannister. Meet there for dinner beforehand if you wish. The meeting closed at 7.59pm.